Friday, September 28, 2012

Whimsy and Stars Halloween


One of my absolute favorite things about Halloween is Candy Corn!!! I love it. Funny story, last year I was buying some and the teen working the register asked me, "Does anyone really like this stuff?" Um, yea me! I guess a lot of people don't like it. But even if you don't like the real deal, who wouldn't like this cutie? This fun little guy is called Silly Candy Corn, from Whimsy and Stars Studio. He is just adorable!

I found this nice CAS sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #54. Another great one from them, that I'll definitely come back to.

Make sure you check out the Whimsy and Stars blog next Tuesday, Mabelle is releasing a super cute Autumn digi, you wont want to miss it!

Some challenges I would like to enter:
CCEE Stampers - 1E, JFF – Food or drink
Copic Marker Europe - M, must use Copics - (ends Sep-30) Halloween card
Craft Us Crazy - Halloween or anything goes
Delightful Challenges - 1E, SIO – Orange, green, purple
City Crafter Challenge - #128 An early BOO (halloween colours
Use It Tuesdays - 2Wmust use hoarded supply's & say what you used -Use Your Scraps (Week1) (both patterns were from my scrap bin)

Card Recipe:
Image: Whimsy and Stars Silly Candy Corn, sentiment from PTI
Ink: Printer, Palette Noir
Paper: Copic xpress, PTI Royal Velvet, New Leaf, Orange Zest, K and Co prints
Extras: copics, nesties, dimensionals, stickles, PTI ribbon, Recollections brads

7 comments:

Sara I. said...

I'm with you - candy corn rocks!! Love that stuff - probably a little too much, lol. Anyway, fabulous little card - love the sparkle on his headpiece and fabulous dp in the bg! Cute, cute, cute!

Angela said...

Adorable little candy corn guy...adorable card...love the bright Halloween colors!
I do have to say that I am not really a fan of candy corn...unless it's mixed in with peanuts, raisins, M&Ms, etc. My aunt makes a really good snack mix like this; she puts a lot of other goodies in it too....

Fellowship By Design said...

Adorable digi and such an adorable card! I love it and of course I am a sucker for candy corn too!!

Jen Mitchell said...

As far as I know, I'm the world's biggest fan of candy corn! I can't get enough of it! I had no idea there was such an adorable stamp like this. I love your coloring and your fun card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Pamela said...

Adorable candy corn! Thank you for entering the challenge at Craft Us Crazy

Jen Sannes said...

Oh, those diddly-boppers are the cutest! Such a fun Halloween creation. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Rita W said...

Ack! I LOVE it. I'm a bit obsessed with candy corn so of course I just adore this! I love the paper that you paired with that cute corn! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.