Friday, June 29, 2012

Phindy's Friday Challenge




TGIF! Time for another Phindy's Friday Challenge! The challenge this week at Phindy's Place is make a project based on a favorite song or movie. Pretty easy and versatile challenge, hope you will join us.

For my song choice I went with Elvis! My dad has always been a fan, and I think it has rubbed off on me. Elvis' Can't Help Falling in Love, is what I based my card on. Perfect for an anniversary card I think. Here are the lyrics if you aren't familiar with them:

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you




I went with Together for my image this week. I'm always so fond of images that show the backs of people, just love them and this one is no exception. Such a sweet and tender image.  Phindy has lots of great images in the shop that would work out perfectly with this challenge.

Hope you will pop on over to the challenge blog and see what the DT has created this week. Play along with the challenge to win some prizes. It's not necessary to use a Phindy image, but if you do you get entered twice, so that is some pretty good incentive! 

My sketch comes from The Pink Elephant Challenge 154.




Card Recipe:
Image: Phindy's Place Together
Ink: printer
Paper: PTI ssw, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, SU Purely Pomegranate, October Afternoon dsp
Extras: copics, nesties, sewing machine, Viva pearl pen, Kaiser pearls, dimensionals, Cuttlebug embossing folder



12 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Kathy gorgeous card love the image and the layout is fantastic. Caroline xxx

Ellis said...

Wonderful card and a great take on the theme! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Ann English said...

Love that you included the lyrics to this Elvis classic-I can hear him singing in my head and now will always associate that song with this dear image! Gorgeous card!

Payne Holler Cards said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww I'm lovin this challenge - another perfect match with image and Elvis Oh yeah!
your coloring is soooo perfect!

Danni said...

This is so sweet! What a wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with The Pink Elephant too! :)

Linda Palmer said...

I am a big Elvis fan myself and love your idea for this card. It is fabulous, beautiful colors, coloring and detail. Love it!

Unknown said...

Kathy, this is such a beautiful card for a beautiful song! I just love that song!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very sweet card!! Great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Unknown said...

Precious card! I love Elvis and your card depics the lyrics from this song fabulously! ;o)

Note: I noticed you don't have my blog listed under the SSD DT. Oops!

Angela said...

Your card is really pretty...the DP is perfect for the darling image!

Imke said...

Very sweet card with this image, Kathy. I like your color choice and the stitching. Great layout too !

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is another wonderful card- love this great image. Love your colors and the DSP is sooo pretty-and the sewing adds such a great touch.