Saturday, August 27, 2011

D2D Designer's Saturday Challenge

The weekend is here! Saturday means it's time for another of the Designer's challenges at Designed2Delight. This week our hostess is Pat. Her challenge for us is to make a Christmas card for a child. Fun challenge!

My image, Beary Big Gift isn't in the Christmas section of the D2D store, but rather with the birthday images. Just goes to show how versatile many of these images are, this one would be fabulous for a baby shower card as well. I've printed the image twice and popped up the bear only on the top layer, he really looks like he is peeking over the gift.

My sketch is the Midnight Madness sketch #118 for this week. Another great sketch from them!

Card Recipe:
Image: Designed2Delight Beary Big Gift, PTI sentiment
Ink: Printer, SU Garden Green
Paper: PTI ssw, Berry Sorbet, SU Garden Green, DCWV patterns
Extras: copics, stickles, nesties, corner rounder, PTI ribbon, dimensionals, snowflake embossing folder

8 comments:

Peggysue said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous card Kathy! I love this color combo. Super coloring job.
Hugs,
PeggySue

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card, beautiful coloring on a sweet and cute image. Love this layout and the pretty papers you used.

marsha said...

Kathy, this is just adorable! I love your image, great coloring and I especially love your color combo! Thanks again for joining us this week, we appreciate the support and love seeing your creations!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

Cindy said...

Kathy, I just love the color combo you chose. You don't see pink very often in a CHristmas card, but this is fabulous!!!

Renee said...

Awww loving the colors and the image…super cute!

Imke said...

Kathy, this is such a sweet little bear ! I like the color combi and your layout.

Valerie said...

Super cute! Love the colors and this image is adorable. Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I hope you will join us again soon as I can't wait to see your next creation.
~Hugs,
Valerie M
Priscillastyes Design Team

Angela said...

Cute Kathleen! I really don't know how you can get so many beautiful cards made...you have got to be "SuperMom"!