Sunday, April 17, 2011

Windsong

Every Saturday there is a new challenge on the Card Ideas blog. This week the challenge is "for the boys". Great challenge since I struggle with manly cards. I used the beautiful new Windsong image available at Designed2Delight, thought it was a perfect image for a masculine card. Faith has released several new manly images recently, check them out in the D2D digi store.

My sketch comes from Tracy at Eat, Sleep, Stamp. It is her Sketchy Thursday #126. She has a fantastic blog with the nicest sketches posted each week, it you haven't seen them, go and check it out!

Thanks for dropping by today. Hope your weekend is going well. Going to fire up the grill tonight and cook some flank steaks. Even though we grill year round, I really enjoying grilling when it is nicer outside.

Card Recipe:
Image: D2D Windsong, Verve sentiment
Paper: PTI ssw, Kraft, Night of Navy, DCWV Nantucket stack
Ink: Printer, Real Red
Embellishments: copics, stickles, nesties, MS border punch, dimensionals, Anchor brad from Michaels

10 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Kathy, I think this card is absolutely fabulous. It is the best masculine card I've seen in months. It has inspired me because I've got a lot of masculine cards to make in the next couple of months. I love this and can't wait to did out some images and case you and this card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

You always seem to have the perfect DSp for your cards! I love the image- must be new- and your layout and sentiment are perfect!

Imke said...

Perfect masculine card, Kathy. Great layout and the DP fits perfect. Love the little anchor charm.

NanaConnie said...

Love your red, white, and blue color palette! Wonderful sailboat image and I love the way you turned the sketch. Perfect!

Tracy said...

OMG Kathy!!! There aren't enough words to tell you how gaga I am over this card!!! Everything about this card is just PERFECT!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Thank you for playing along with this weeks sketch!
Hugs,
Tracy

NanaConnie said...

Was just over at the Eat, Sleep, Stamp blog and saw that your card is the winner! Tracy made a great choice this week. I loved your card as you know from my previous comment. Congratulations!

Carrie said...

Kathy I LOVE your cards and this is no exception. Everthing about it is so awesome. You can send this my way lol

Peggysue said...

Fabulous card Kathy, so nautical! I love the bright sails.
Hugs,
PeggySue

Faith S. said...

The papers and colors are perfect! I love the layout, the charm, the colors...EVERYTHING!

Kristine said...

WOW, fabulous Kathy =) Love your DPs - they are so perfect with this image!!