Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bearing Gifts

Needed a boy's birthday card this morning. Nothing like waiting til the last minute.  I like making girly cards better, so I always put of the boy or men cards.  Funny thing is I need lots of boy cards with three boys, better change my ways.

Anyway, I saw the Paper Sundaes challenge #45, a sketch, this morning and thought it would work perfectly with the image I was planning to use from Designed2Delight. It is called Bearing Gifts.  It is definitely one of my favorites, the bear reminds me of Pooh, more his posture than the way he looks.

Hope you had a great weekend.  My dh is at the Eagles/Giants game tonight.  He said it is freezing ou there.  Glad I'm home and warm.

Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Designed2Delight Bearing Gifts, PTI sentiment
Ink:  Printer, Palette Noir
Paper:  PTI ssw, Kraft, Basic Gray Oliver
Embellishments:  copics, nesties, PTI ribbon and twine, SU punches, dimensionals, sakura glitter pen

12 comments:

*Kelly* said...

Kathy,
What a cute card! I will have to check out those stamps. I am glad that some people find scrapping relaxing. It totally stresses me out. Maybe I need the wine!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the great sketch. We went to a game in Chicago yesterday and it was so cold- it was fun..but there is something to be said for staying home and watching it on TV in your warm home....!

Crystal said...

Fabulous boy's card, I love the paper & the colors you used on the image! Thanks for playing along with our Paper Sundaes sketch challenge this week :)

Imke said...

Kathy, your card is a perfect boy card. The colors and DP are great and i like how you added the thread with button. Great layout too !!

Carrie said...

this is a perfect boy card! I love how you put the cording and button on the bottom.

Fiona said...

this is so pretty and perfect for a little boy, great take on Shana's sketch. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Sandy said...

another one of your cute cards - as much as you stamp you must REALLY enjoy wine -- Tee hee
Sandy

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Oh goodness! This is just darling! I love the paper you used!

Lisa M.

Lola said...

Wow, LOVE this...great boy card. The colors and layout are perfect. I'm horrible with boy cards, but this is just adorable.

Angela said...

That bear reminded me of Pooh too! This is so pretty; love that dotted DP and the twine looks awesome!

Cheryl said...

What a fabulous boy card! I love the papers and how you used the twine.

Anne said...

Love the DPs, great boy card!