Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fall is Coming





















This is the image from Designed2Delight this week, Happy Harvest, for the progressive challenge on the Delightful Inspiration blog. If you play along and post a card by Thursday, you get the next image emailed to you. If you want to jump in any time during the month, you can purchase the image at the Designed2Delight digi store.

I used Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge #87 for this one. My bow is on the opposite side of the one in the sketch, but I think it is pretty close to the original, LOL. Another wonderful sketch this week.

I'm definitely ready for some fall weather, so this image was fun to color. I even pulled out some of my old Apple Cider SU dsp, that I've been hoarding. I bought two packs of it and don't know why I'm saving it, LOL!

Card Recipe:
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI ssw, SU River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Really Rust, Bravo Burgundy, Apple Cider dsp
Embellishments: mini brads, dimensionals, copics, nesties, SU ribbon, Quickutz embossing folder

8 comments:

Carrie said...

This is so cute. I'm ready for fall too! Love this sketch, time to jot it down on a piece of paper and add it to my ever growing pile :)

Juls said...

fabulous, love the soft colours and the embossed detail! Hugs Juls

Sherrie Conner said...

GORGEOUS Kathy!! Love the colors and those embossed leaves! Very, very pretty!
Hoarding?? Naaah! LOL!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card Kathy. I always loved that dp and it works perfect on this image, It really sets it off. Great job.

Imke said...

Fantastic Card, Kathy. The embossed background fits great and i like the pumpkins.

Jessica G. said...

Awesome color combo, Kathy! I've had such a tough time using these colors, but they look great together and perfect for Fall. Beautiful coloring technique on those pumpkins, too.

Like you, I am SO ready for autumn, or at least the cooler temperatures!!

Angela said...

Pretty card, but I am not ready for Fall...because then comes Winter! I like the different textures of the papers combined with the embossing; great work!

Joanne Gilch said...

Totally fell head over heels for this card. It gave me a great idea for embossing my own paper since I have so many leaves(die cuts). thanks for the inspiration.