Monday, June 14, 2010

Katie easel card

I think Rubber Romance stamps are so well suited to easel cards. The images and coordinating sentiments just make the perfect combinations. If you have not checked out the Rubber Romance sentiments that are available, do it. There are some really funny ones as well as lots of sweet ones

I used this tutorial from SCS to learn how to make an easel card, once you know the general how tos, you can make them any size. My card today uses Katie and the birthday diva sentiment


Here is a view of the lower half of the card, so you can see the sentiment. Katie is colored with copics and her dress is paper pieced. Some glitter on her shoes and balloon strings and she is ready for a party. I'm entering her in the KLSNS #34 challenge for a girly birthday card.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope you are off to the start of a wonderful week.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Katie and sentiment from Rubber Romance
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Pretty in Pink, PTI ssw, Basic Grey patterns
Embellishments: copics, corner rounder, organdy ribbon, Kaiser pearls, border punch, nestie label die, sakura stardust pen

8 comments:

paige said...

Beautiful!

Joanne Gilch said...

I've been checking out those pearls on the inside of the card and now I see four on the front. maHvelous card, darling.

Imke said...

Love the Colors ,the paper pieced dress and all the pearls. I´ve never made easel card. I should try it. Very pretty !

Linda Palmer said...

very Pretty card. Love the easel cards. Love this one.

MiamiKel said...

Now this is realllllllly beautiful - such a classic and elegance to it! It just screams Grace Kelly to me - what a jaw dropper!

Cheryl said...

She is so pretty and elegant! I love the paper piecing.

Jacilynn said...

very pretty! Love it. Thanks for playing along with KLSNS.
x Jacilynn

Angela said...

This is so elgant; beautiful job! I am thinking you should win the challenge!