Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Warm Woolen Mittens (These are a Few of My Favorite Things)

Anyone else love that song from the Sound of Music? It's one of my favorite songs! These little mittens are coated with a hint of white fun flock to give them a woolen look. The sketch here is from SCS, a challenge sketch from Verve's release week challenges.

This image was a free digital image offered for a limited time from Verve. It's the first time I've tried a digital image. It printed out nicely and was easy to color with copics, no smearing, I was surprised. Now I still have no idea how to re-size the images and sentiments, but I may have to fool around with this a bit. Up until now, I've been afraid to try digital images, but this freebie tempted me. I'm glad I gave it a go, not as scary as I thought. Who knows, maybe I'll become techno savvy, yet?!! Haha, doubtful!

Thanks so much for dropping by, I appreciate all you visits and comments! Hopefully I'll be back to some live blogging by the weekend!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Verve digi stamp, Winter Mittens
Ink: computer ink
Paper: White GP110, Real Red, Patterned paper from my scraps
Embellishments: MS loopy punch, SU organdy ribbon, copics, fun flock, MM mini rhinestones, nesties, dimensionals

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kathy - this is so sweet! Love the flocking and how you threaded the ribbon :) I love digital images and this one is super cute!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is wonderful- I missed the download.....your card is awesome! TFS

paige said...

Cute card - love those mittens. now I have that song in my head!

Cassie_lu said...

great job with the digi

Cindy said...

Kathy, What a beautiful Christmas Card!! I just love those mittens!! Love the bling too!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous! TFS!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome card with these Verve mittens! And the fun flocking is the perfect touch -- literally!!