Monday, October 19, 2009

VLV October challenge

Here's my card for the VLVOCT01 challenge. It was a sketch challenge with a shabby chic twist. Not too good at shabby chic, collage or distress style here, but I gave it a go. I love this K and Co. patterned paper and thought it looked a bit shabby chic already, so I went with it! Thanks for looking!

Really weird, by blog title and header photo are missing right now. Don't know what happened. I think I'll just leave it alone for now and see if it comes back, maybe it is something with Blogger?! I'm not too computer savvy, so not really sure what to do. If it doesn't come back, my dad will be her Thursday night for a visit, so I'll see if he can help. He's very good at this stuff!

T minus one week and counting down. Not sure if that is how the phrase goes, but anyway, one week to go. Starting to stress out a little here. I couldn't really sleep last night, was up at around 5:30 making chocolate chip pancakes for the kids, they were thrilled! Off to get some things done while the Finn-man naps. Thanks for stopping by today!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Verve, Beautiful Kindness
Ink: Staz-on black, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Tangerine Tango, Apricot Appeal
Paper: Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, K and Co patterned paper
Embellishments: Dew Drops, sewing, nesties dimensionals, distressing tool

2 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous! beautiful sentiment and image! love the gorgeous rich colours and the distressed feel!

Tammi said...

5:30, wowza girl, I can't function that early...probably because I go to bed really late, lol. Oh wow, your card is stunning, K&Co has some of the most pretty papers, love your mix here and the wonderful details! ~Hugs