Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A bit of orange


My oldest son's favorite color has been orange since he learned to talk at about a year. It was "ornage" then. I always thought it was a passing thing, but at 5 1/2 he still loves it. He has the cutest orange crocs, and lots of orange clothes. I was never an orange fan until his obsession. Now I love it, too.

I found this Basic Grey Ambrosia paper that I had been hoarding. When I saw the orange and gray print, I knew I had to use it right away. I picked out this image to go with the paper and colored her to coordinate. Love the simple elegance of this image. She makes me think of summer and farmer's markets. I feel like she just bought a bunch of fresh flowers and put them in her bag. So much fun to color, she's from Rubber Romance.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope to be back later with today's version of the sketch challenge on SCS, looks like a fun one. All depends on how long Finn naps for!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Rubber Romance image, PTI sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI ssw, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Grey Ambrosia patterned paper
Embellishments: Kaiser rhinestones, SU taffeta ribbon, nesties, dimensionals, copics

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Christopher likes Orange too! me too!
Anyway... Thanks for commenting on my blog today. I just wrote a funny story about being a freak magnet... hope it makes you laugh! lol

Anywhooo
Take care,
em

Mary G. said...

Great card! Love the colors and that image is terrific~!

Vicki said...

Kathy, this is an awesome card! Great paper and colors! Of course, being from Tennessee, orange is a favorite color! Go Vols! Blessings to you!

Cheryl Walker said...

Wonderful card hun, and I love the colors together!!!

Hugs,.
Cheryl

Cassie_lu said...

great carda nd the colors are perfect. love the ribbon through the sentiment.